Capampañgan qng Disiértu

Wednesday, April 16, 2008
DAYANG ASU KANU!? (DUGONG ASO DAW!?)

Ok, this is my first blog and I'm still contemplating on what language should I be using as my primary choice. I've got English (which is I'm using now), Capampañgan and of course Tagalog. Since I am only three quarters Capampañgan (my father is an half-blood; effects of reading HP books hehehe!) I'm opting to use English with some interjections from my native language with translation of course for the benefit of those who can't understand Capampañgan.

Enough with the introduction, let's get on with the real deal. "Dugong Aso" in English "Dog-blood" (sort of mudblood if you know what I mean) is a common deragatory term often bestowed upon the people of Pampanga. More often, it is used as an "in your face" insult to a Capampañgan. In my entire life I have never heard such words defaming my ethnological legacy until the time I worked in Manila. I came upon that infamous title thru a good friend of mine. He sincerely & plainly told me that all Capampañgans are "dugong aso". Me, being naive by that time asked him what does that mean and plainly again he answered "traitor". What!? At first I thought that it was a theory that we descended from dogs not from apes (with great diapproval from Charles Darwin hehehe!) but then it hit me. The word traitor circled around my head for a moment. And then the irony started to bug me as well, how come the very loyal canine be dragged about with this insult being branded to us and when did this came about. So I asked him why and the reply was "basta". I haven't done any intensive research about the origin of that insult but it seems that the stigma has been there for many generations, until the time that the present generation no longer remembers why they call us such. And so I'm left with a question, are we really a "Judas" race?
To be continued.....

Labels: , , ,

posted by Tsinitoboy @ 12:56 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At April 18, 2008 at 2:34 AM, Blogger Jigen Riztag said…

    Possibly the reason you were branded as such was that the guy thought your ilk and the Macabebes (they betrayed your country's first president, Generald E. Aguinaldo) were of the same kind and stock. I have not read anything to that effect (the racial link between Pampangeños and Macabebes) and that the Pampangeños are traitors by nature. Such a remark is an incorrect and a mean generalization with no historical basis. Anyone can be a traitor.

    Jigen Riztag

     
  • At April 18, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Blogger Jigen Riztag said…

    It is also incorrect to say Judas the Apostle was a traitor by nature because if we are to believe that Christian holy book then the so-called prophecy that he would betray his master, Jesus the Christ, would be for naught. Since it is an accepted fact in Christendom that the Christian God knows everything that will happen, then it is more than safe to say Judas simply played his role and did not act on his own volition to actually turn his back on Jesus. Quite simply, he followed what was indicated in the script and the rest was history. Your race did not spring from Judas' loins.

    Jigen Riztag

     
  • At April 19, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Blogger Tsinitoboy said…

    Hi Jigen! Thanks for your open minded comments. By the way here's the continuation of my post:
    http://daiang-asu.blogspot.com/2008/04/daiang-asu-continuation.html

     
  • At May 19, 2018 at 8:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ing Debore Flicks buri ng sabyan Kapampangan Motion Pictures. Basan ye ing blog ku para abalu yu hahaha. Subscribe yu ku din ken YouTube keni: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKiso2zc7Q3aIHF2HoxwWVQ

     
  • At July 27, 2019 at 11:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have response to this, "dayang asu" taking the meaning in literal way means traitor or judas BUT kapampangans are not traitors. Dayang Asu means "faithful" they maybe befriended the Spaniards because this foreigns show fondness to them. Can I ask anyone, if you really knew the history of our country, who ordered the killings of Andres Bonifacio and other heroes? Historians changed the history. You need to investigate and ask the professors in high respective schools..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
I am a Pikachu!
About Me

Name: Tsinitoboy
Home: United Arab Emirates
About Me: A dreamer with the wishful thinking he could have been, he should have been, he might have been...
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Links
  • link 1
  • link 2
  • link 3
  • link 4
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER